Location and contact details
Silverwood Care Home
Situated within a residential area of Sunnyside, Rotherham, Silverwood Care Home is a purpose built 64 bedded care home offering Dementia, Residential and Respite care.
Meet the team
At HC-One our experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything we do We understand that meals are a very important part of our Residents’ day, our menus cover a variety of choices for each meal and a choice of snacks, fresh fruit and refreshments are also available 24 hours a day.
Family and friends join Residents for meals which are served in the dining room or, if our Residents wish, they can choose to eat in the privacy of their own rooms.
Hobbies and interests
Our Activities Co-ordinator spends time with Residents to ensure popular pastimes are included within the weekly activities calendar which is displayed in the home, this includes:
• Arts and crafts
• Professional entertainers
• Music therapy
• Animal therapy
• Birthday celebrations
• Mini bus outings
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Silverwood (Rotherham)
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
At Silverwood Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings.
Silverwood Care Home offers the following services:
• Hairdressing salon with weekly visits from a mobile Hairdresser
• A mobile shop selling toiletries and confectionary
• Kitchenette for visitors to make drinks
• Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
• Designated smoking area
• Chiropody and alternative therapy services
• Small pets are allowed by arrangement
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
We have a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some of our rooms also have views across the garden.
To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
All bedrooms have en suite facilities; all are wheelchair friendly, have TV aerial points and a nurse call system.
- For visitors travelling by car the M1 and M18 is in close proximity.
- The nearest train station is Rotherham.
- There are also regular bus services to and from the town centre.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: