Brooklands Care Home
Location and contact details
Situated in a peaceful residential area just outside Grimsby, Brooklands is a purpose-built care home offering residential, nursing and memory care, for those living with dementia, as well as care for young people with physical disabilities.
The extensively trained team will deliver all the specialist care and support services that loved ones require.
Personalised care plans consider not only medical, personal and dietary needs, but also the individual’s likes and dislikes, religious preferences, and any suggestions from family members that might make the resident's stay with the home that little bit more enjoyable.
Assisted by suggestions from the residents, the home’s wellbeing coordinators organise a varied year-round programme of things to do.
Many residents take pleasure in hobbies, including baking, writing, gardening, dancing, painting, quizzes, and playing chess. Some enjoy being a member of the residents’ forum.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Brooklands Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Transport available at the home:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
At Brookland, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings.
We also have a separate lounge for our younger Residents, which includes a bar and snooker table.
Brooklands offers the following services:
• Hairdressing salon with weekly visits from a mobile Hairdresser
• Garden Room
• Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
• GP service (Residents are also able to retain their own GP)
• Small pets are allowed by arrangement
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- We have a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.
- To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
- All bedrooms are wheelchair friendly, have TV aerial points and a nurse call system.
- For visitors travelling by car, the A46 is in close proximity
- The nearest train station is Grimsby
- There are regular bus services from Grimsby town centre
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: