Brooklands Care Home
Location and contact details
Brooklands Care Home
Situated within a quiet residential area of Grimsby, Lincolnshire, Brooklands is a purpose built 63 bedded care home offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential and End of Life care.
Brooklands Care Home also cares for young people with disabilities.
Meet the team
At HC-One our experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything we do.
We understand that meals are a very important part of our Residents’ day, our menus cover a variety of choices for each meal including a speciality dish and a choice of snacks, fresh fruit and refreshments are also available 24 hours a day.
Family and friends join Residents for meals which are served in one of our dining rooms or, if our Residents wish, they can choose to eat in the privacy of their own rooms.
Hobbies and interests
Our Activities Co-ordinator spends time with Residents to ensure popular pastimes are included within the weekly activities calendar which is displayed in the home, this includes:
• Special and themed cuisine events
• Animal visits
• Musical events
• Library service
We have regular outings to places of interest including local pub for lunch, park, museum, seaside, shopping trips and mystery tours.
Home to a large raised fish pond, our attractive garden is popular with garden enthusiasts who enjoy helping to keep the raised flowerbeds looking good.
The open and secure patio area complete with comfortable seating is a tranquil place for Residents to catch up with family and friends.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Brooklands Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Transport available at the home:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
At Brookland, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings.
We also have a separate lounge for our younger Residents, which includes a bar and snooker table.
Brooklands offers the following services:
• Hairdressing salon with weekly visits from a mobile Hairdresser
• Garden Room
• Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
• GP service (Residents are also able to retain their own GP)
• Small pets are allowed by arrangement
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- We have a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.
- To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
- All bedrooms are wheelchair friendly, have TV aerial points and a nurse call system.
- For visitors travelling by car, the A46 is in close proximity
- The nearest train station is Grimsby
- There are regular bus services from Grimsby town centre
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: