Location and contact details
Olive Lodge is a modern registered care home which forms part of Bedford Court care community in Leeds. Its purpose is to enable older people to maintain their independence and live full and active lives, within a supportive environment. It includes a choice of accommodation and level of support, making it suitable for people who require a little, or a lot of support.
Situated in the popular village of Horsforth to the north of Leeds, Olive Lodge is within a short walk of an array of shops and amenities and has good public transport links to Leeds city centre. It also benefits from being conveniently located next door to the local GP practice.
Despite being in the heart of a bustling village, Olive Lodge enjoys a peaceful setting, with beautiful views across Horsforth, the surrounding countryside and landscaped gardens.
Services offered at Olive Lodge
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
For information on waiting lists and vacancies, contact Bedford Court's Finance Officer, Leigh Goodchild, on 0113 2593800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Accommodation is spacious and modern, with a high-quality finish. There is a choice between:
Olive Lodge - A registered care home with a wide variety of room sizes, all of which are en-suite and have a French door, leading to a balcony or patio.
Phillips Close – 10 two-bedroom cottages, each with private garden, situated in an attractive courtyard.
Each home is fitted with an Emergency Call System, is fully wheelchair accessible and can easily accommodate aids and adaptations.
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Shared communal spaces at Olive Lodge include: dining room, choice of lounges, hair salon, large conservatory and landscaped gardens. There is also a number of kitchens where residents can prepare hot drinks and light refreshments for themselves and their guests, if they wish.
Olive Lodge is located close to public transport links (bus and train) providing easy access to Leeds, Harrogate and York.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
Social and leisure activities are an integral part of life at Olive Lodge and there are lots of opportunities to take part in activities or events. For those people who prefer a quieter lifestyle, personal choice is fully respected meaning that each individual can join in as little or often as they choose.
Care at home - Personal
- Hourly visiting care:
- Live in care workers:
- Mobility support at home:
- Mobility support outside the home:
- Personal and intimate care:
Care and support is provided by a dedicated team of on-site carers, who are all employed by Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust. Our approach is to concentrate on what each person can do and achieve, rather than focussing on health restrictions. A personalised care plan is developed with each individual and reviewed regularly to ensure needs are met in a comprehensive and holistic way.
Care at home - practical
- Domestic cleaning:
- Help arrange a meals at home service:
- Household administration:
For those residents living in a cottage in Phillips Close, homecare support services are available. This includes help with cleaning, laundry and food preparation. In addition, care staff can provide health advice, as required, and are on-site 24 hours per day should an emergency arise.
- Day activities or support at home:
- Day activities or support outside the home:
- Help with planning your life:
- Support for young adults learning independence skills:
- Support to stay in your own home:
- Supporting independence after accident or illness: