Stonebow House Residential Home
Location and contact details
The aim of Stonebow House is to provide a homely, comfortable and caring environment for the elderly clients in our care, for long or short stay; encouraging the highest possible standard of life and reflecting each individual's dignity and independence.
Services offered at Stonebow House Residential Home
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Each room is fully furnished with a single bed and all linen, a double wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a bedside cabinet, an easy chair and an over the bed table.
Residents may bring their own furniture. We are happy to hang photos and other mementoes for the residents.
All rooms are centrally heated.
All rooms have TV points.
Most rooms on the ground floor have a door into the garden
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
We have a large lounge, in which planned activities take place and the residents can relax.
We have two dining rooms, with ample space for our residents to dine in comfort.
We have another large room, also used for activities and our visiting hairdresser.
Stonebow House is surrounded by extensive lawns and landscaped gardens which are wheelchair accessible.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
We aim to provide surroundings conductive to the care and well being of elderly clients; therefore we cater for special diets and allow residents to eat with others or in the privacy of their own room.
We have a visiting hairdresser, services taken by a local minister and a visiting library.
We run quizes, bingo, arts & crafts sessions, video & music afternoons and exercise sessions. We have been visited by a theatre group and a historian.
We also run outings - blossom trail and lambing trips
Care at home - Personal
- Hourly visiting care:
- Live in care workers:
- Mobility support at home:
- Mobility support outside the home:
- Personal and intimate care:
We are aware that the home's staff will always play a most important role in the residents' welfare. Therefore we employ staff in sufficient numbers and with a broad mix of skills to meet our residents needs.
We have an ongoing training policy, which encourages personal development, means the staff have high skill levels and enjoy their jobs.
Care at home - practical
- Domestic cleaning:
- Help arrange a meals at home service:
- Household administration:
We currently hold a 5* food hygiene rating.