Scotia Heights is specialist 60-bed care home in Stoke-on-Trent for adults with complex needs.
Care and activity plans are built around an individual, supporting and encouraging them to be happy and fulfilled.
Service users live in six 10-bed units, each boasting a dining room, lounges and an adapted sensory bathroom. Bedrooms are decorated to suit individual tastes to ensure everyone feels comfortable in their own space.
A sensory room is accessible to all, where senses can be developed and individuals can relax through the use of music and lighting. There is also a sensory garden, with enough space for summer BBQ's and other events. The garden includes a patio area for relaxing, socialising and raised beds for gardening.
The activities team at Scotia Heights encourage service users to work together in creating fun and meaningful activities. As well as group activities, staff facilitate individual hobbies and interests. Seasonal and cultural events are also celebrated at the home, with service users enjoying themed events and festivities throughout the year.
An open door policy means friends and family are welcome to visit the home at any time and be involved in their loved one's care planning.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Care home group
Services offered at Scotia Heights
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets: