Location and contact details
Nestled in Bishop’s Castle, a town situated in beautiful South Shropshire, Stone House offers residential accommodation for 40 older people with or without dementia.
Stone House offers an interesting programme of daily activities for those who wish to take part and restful lounges for those who wish to read or chat.
The safe and accessible gardens are a joy to sit in and enjoy the tranquility.
Our food is freshly cooked in our own kitchen where the Catering Manager has been awarded the Platinum Healthy Eating Award.
We do not offer nursing care at Stone House but we have regular visits from the district nurses, local chiropodist, optician, dentist, physiotherapist and occupational therapist, enabling us to meet the needs of our service users.
Stone House has adopted the butterfly approach for people with dementia which uses everyday tasks to stimulate the mind, this technique can improve mobility, help with sleep patterns and can help with the reduction of medication
We also have an excellent service from the local Doctors’ Surgeries; ShropDoc will cover all emergency needs.
Services offered at Stone House
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: