The Vicarage Nursing Home
Location and contact details
The Vicarage provides accommodation and nursing care for up to 50 people with dementia. The Vicarage is situated on the Common Bayston Hill three miles from the busy market town of Shrewsbury.
Although the Vicarage was originally built in the 1880's only part of the original facade remains, the rest of the building is a purpose built nursing home. There are extensive dementia friendly gardens that have recently been created in association with Dobbies Garden Centre as well as a home for three ducks and chickens .
Activities and stimuli are important to the life of the Vicarage and is the responsibility of all staff under the supervision of Karen and Ness our expereinced Activities Coordinators.
The Home's Manager is Michelle Middleton Price
Services offered at The Vicarage Nursing Home
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
We encourage our residents to make the rooms as homely as they wish, lthough we do have a full suite of furniture in the rooms a favouring chest or cupboard can be brought in if wished as well as all those lovely photographs
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
We are pleased to have the services of The Beeches Mecial Practice and the local GP partner Dr Laycock visits the Home Weekly.
We also have a hairdresser who visits the home once a week.
We are fortuante in haveing two activities ladies Karen and Ness who undertake one to one activities within a residents room if need be as well as group entertainment.
The Local minister visits te home for a monthly service.
our Chef Jenney caters for all diets when requested,