Location and contact details
Welcome to Bridgewood Mews
A nurse-led care home for adults with complex needs, Bridgewood Mews is a homely and person-centred home.
Two 10-bedded units are purpose built to care for needs such as neuro-disability, Huntington's disease, brain injury and stroke, mental ill-health, learning disabilities and autism.
The units each have a dining room, lounge, and an activity room on Telford unit, and a quiet room on Brindley unit. Activity and care plans are built around each individual, supporting their specific needs and encouraging them to be happy and fulfilled.
Bridgewood services users to feel at home in Bridgewood, which is why we encourage bedrooms to be decorated to suit personal tastes. For comfort, each bedroom has TV and telephone points, and boasts an ensuite wet room. Also available to service users is an accessible sensory bathroom, designed to relax and soothe.
At Bridgewood Mews they encourage a healthy, balanced life, which is why they ensure service users benefit from social activities and develop leisure interests and hobbies along the way.
Service users are encouraged to make use of outdoor areas, either enjoying the peaceful serenity of the sensory garden, or tending to the flower beds in the activities garden.
The activities team often arrange outings to local attractions such as Dudley Zoo, Cadbury World and more. A private, accessible minibus ensures transport is always available for such outings.
To ensure service users are getting the most out of their activities, the team often catch up with individuals to discuss their views and develop future activities.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Care home group
Services offered at Bridgewood Mews
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Day activities or support at home:
- Day activities or support outside the home:
- Help with planning your life:
- Support for young adults learning independence skills:
- Support to stay in your own home:
- Supporting independence after accident or illness: