OSJCT The Elms
Location and contact details
The Elms offers up to 45 residents compassionate, individualised residential, nursing and respite care. Located to the west of Stroud, the home is situated in a quiet residential area just a short walk from the heart of bustling Stonehouse.
There is a bright, open entrance hall with its own seating areas, cosy lounges, dining area and lovely gardens where you can find peace and quiet to relax with a book or a lively area to socialise with friends.
Social activities take place daily for your enjoyment. If however, you'd like a little more privacy, then your own bedroom offers a peaceful oasis. To give you the support you need when you need it, a friendly, professionally trained team are on hand around-the-clock to support you in how you wish to spend your day enabling you to continue to enjoy a fulfilling and independent lifestyle.
Dedicated Activities Coordinators organise a varied programme of events around each individual's requests, hobbies and interests. The team will be delighted to assist you to continue with existing pastimes, as well as give you the opportunity to try something new if you would like to. They make sure everyone is able to enjoy themselves to the fullest, be that with arts and crafts, a coffee morning or more individual pursuits. Visits from outside entertainers happen regularly. The home has access to a Trust minibus for trips out.
A talented cook and kitchen team prepare tasty, home-cooked meals. The freshly prepared, delicious dishes are carefully balanced to get the best nutritional value and take into account individual dietary requirements and preferences. Seasonal produce is chosen whenever possible and of course, relatives and friends are always welcome to join.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at OSJCT The Elms
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
Services and activities
- Hairdressing, manicures, chiropody and opticians, regular trips out, gardening with residents.
- Internet, bingo, artwork, musical movement, carpet skittles, carpet bowls, flower arranging and gardening.
- Quizzes, board games and cards. Visiting Activities.
- Baking and crafts. Gardening.
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Emergency care:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
The home and grounds are wholly wheelchair accessible. There is lift access to the first floor as well as stairs.
Car parking spaces
- Stroud, bus stop 3 minutes away, train station 5 minutes away
- Apollo Taxis - 01453 82 33 44
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: