More Hall Convent
Location and contact details
More Hall Convent is a small care home in Stroud, with a capacity of twelve. The residency caters for elderly with physical disabilities.
The care home has been registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for more than seven years. In the last report by the CQC from September 2018, the residency received an overall rating of good.
More Hall Convent is operated by Grace and Compassion Benedictines. Grace and Compassion Benedictines runs a group of care homes, with four others registered with the CQC in England.
For more information about More Hall Convent, please give the office a call at 01453764486. More details can be found on www.graceandcompassionbenedictines.org.uk.
Services offered at More Hall Convent
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
The bus stop is close, but is down/up a hill. Railway station is 2 miles from More Hall, in Stroud. Disabled access throughout the house. Some handrails for paths outside, but not covering all of the garden.
The home arranges hospital transport or Dial a Ride for hospital appointments etc.
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
If there is a vacancy, respite care may be considered fo a temporary period.
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
2 Rooms are large enough for a couple to share.
Pets are not NORMALLY allowed although they may visit. Our rooms have en suit toilet and basins. Two rooms also have en suite showers.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
GP visits whenever requested.
There are activities, singing, outings, flower arranging and others, but not every day as residents do not want this at present.