Highlands Borders Care Home
Location and contact details
The Aim of our Care
Early onset, or Borderline dementia can be very frightening for both the person affected and their loved ones. At Highlands Borders we recognise and respect this. After much research into facilities for younger people with early onset dementia in and around Devon, we quickly realised that there was a gap in dementia care that needed to be filled. Many people only associate Dementia with much older people. This is not the case. Dementia, does not discriminate.
The Care We Offer
The Aim of Highlands Borders is not only to provide a permanent home for 18 Residents, but also to provide the practical support so necessary while your loved one remains at home with you.To this end, Borders can offer residential, respite care, and memory café sessions where you can drop in for a cuppa and a chat. You and your loved one will be able to find the stimulation or the peace you need within the lovely atmosphere that is ‘Borders’.Your loved one can be sure of a good break themselves, with first class meals, independent choice, and attentive, well trained staff. Bringing the care of dementia is not a job at Borders it is a passion. So, why not pop in and have a look, or telephone us to make an appointment to be shown around?
Highlands Borders is a purpose build care centre over three floors, has 18 rooms, 16 with en-suite facilities. We have lots of parking, and a very pretty garden and patio for your use.
Types of Care
- Specialist dementia care
- Repite and holiday care
- Residential care
- Physical disability
Entertainment and Activities
The activity programmes are tailored towards people's choices and capabilities. The activity team arranges daily programmes throughout the year.
- Assisted bathing facilities
- Events throughout the year
- Secure landscaped gardens
- Regular outings and trips
- Chiropody service
- Dental, eye care and audiology services
- Specialist medical services
- Recreational therapies
- Intelligent nurse call and monitor system
Services offered at Highlands Borders Care Home
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Highlands Borders is a purpose build care centre over three floors, has 15 single rooms, all with en-suite facilities. It is accessible by a full size lift, the entire building, furniture, fixtures and soft furnishings has been refurbished to the highest standards for you to enjoy.
We have lots of parking, and a very pretty garden and patio for your use.
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Our bedrooms are all have en-suite facilities and newly refurbished to the highest standards.
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
The activity programmes provided are tailored towards people's choices and capabilities.We have our own activity team arranges daily programmes. We also arrange regular outside entertainment such as live music, shopping, walking around Heavitree high street.