Dennyshill Care Home
Location and contact details
Dennyshill Care Home is a privately run Independent care home in a peaceful location in Exeter, It is a large bungalow all on one level with no steps, with five single bedrooms and two double bedrooms we can accomadate for up to 9 service users.
We are registered to provide accommodation for elderly persons who require nursing or personal care. Also we are able to provide care for elderly with learning and physical disabilities. We also accept individuals or couples in need of short or long term restpite care.
Established for over 25 years, we pride ourselves on providing a family and homely environment.
Care home group
Services offered at Dennyshill Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
We have many activities during the week that are held in the comunal lounge or our large kitchen, activities include singing sessions, board games, knitting, drawing and colouring. We also have a large film collection.
Our activities co-ordinater who visits the home throughout the week spends one to one time with the service users and takes them out on day trips such as fish and chips at the seaside.
We also have a music therapist that visits the home fortnighty.
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Most of the rooms overlook the gardens and large lawn, they all have a pleasant and airy feel.
All bedrooms are nicely decorated and residents are more than welcome to bring their own furniture if they wish. All rooms have their own sink and plenty of storage space for personal possessions. Large lockable storage is also available.
Dennyshill is a two minute walk from the local bus route and also a 5 minute drive from the local train station.
We have two large driveways with plenty of parking space and room for those who use wheelchairs.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets: