Location and contact details
Appleby Lodge is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide accommodation for up to 18 older people who require personal but not nursing care.
Care home group
Services offered at Appleby Lodge
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
- Transport available at the home:
At Appleby we recognise that all residents are individuals and as such will have differing interests and activities. We try to ensure that residents can remain as active as they wish and we try to organise outside entertainers to visit the home frequently. These include keep fit, singers, musicians etc.
A hairdresser visits twice a week and regular visits from a chiropodist and optician.
A Chapel service takes place once a month and an Anglican communion service for those wishing to take part.
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Where possible, with the agreement of the resident and their doctor, we try to care for people in sickness and in health to the end of their life.
Most people come to Appleby to live permanently but respite care for short periods of time to help a person get over a crisit or to give a relative relief can sometimes be provided.
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
All of our bedrooms are centrally heater, well appointed and tastefully furnished with facilities for televisions and telephones. All have individual washbasins and a call system.
Residents are encouraged to bring personal effects and treasured belongings to help them make it their own home.
Care plans are tailored to individual needs and designed to ensure the best quality of life for each and every resident.
Appleby Lodge is purpose built and is all on one level making walking frames, wheelchairs etc safe to use both inside the home and when going outside.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: