Location and contact details
“We are, We Can, We Do”
A lively and energetic home for 12 people. The house is located on the Muller Road, close to local amenities and many bus routes. The staff team support individuals to learn the skills they require to become more independent, either within the home or with the view of moving to supported living.
The staff sit down with each individual and go through their support plan that would highlight specific support needs and plan with the person how they can develop new skills or maintain their existing skills.The staff at Underhay are a dynamic group. Each staff member is committed to giving their own experiences and knowledge to aid service users to becoming more independent and free thinking.
Services offered at Underhay House
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
Note that entertainment is dictated by the wishes of the service users; staff support arrangements.
Theresa Taylor is an advocate for Freeways and also a vicar; religious belief is not a requirement to receive her support.
Smoking is permitted in the garden.
Care at home - Personal
- Hourly visiting care:
- Live in care workers:
- Mobility support at home:
- Personal and intimate care:
- Mobility support outside the home:
There are no prescribed visiting times and service users' family and friends are welcome. Service users have requested that they are informed of their own and others guests so an appropriate time can be arranged which is directed by the service users themselves.
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Freeways run their own day service and staff are allocated to the homes. Other activities are supported outside of this service such as college, employment and voluntary work.
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
Two sleep-in staff members are available to assist service users if needed during the night.
Cats, birds and fish are welcomed pets but this is decided by the service users.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
Care at home - practical
- Domestic cleaning:
- Household administration:
- Help arrange a meals at home service: