Tralee Rest Home
Location and contact details
Tralee Rest Home is situated in the beautiful sea front town of Whitstable, in Kent.
Tralee Rest Home offers 24 hour high quality care in peaceful residential accommodation with great facilities for 25 people living with dementia related illness.
In the current environment, it is essential that you have peace of mind and trust that your relative receives an excellent standard of care. We understand the specific needs that residents may have, including disorientation and memory loss.
Our care-staff have been specifically trained to be flexible and look beyond the dementia and recognise the unique individual person within.
We believe dementia sufferers who are well supported by a professional team who enthusiastically give them their time and energy are more likely to lead fulfilling lives; this is paramount to everything we do.
We provide free, in home assessment which gives us a clear picture of our resident’s lifestyle and personality.
A person centred plan of care is drawn up with specific recognition of a resident’s mental health needs. We work closely with the medical profession to ensure that residents are treated with the utmost respect and dignity with their best interests at heart.
We assess how a resident’s lifestyle can be enhanced in the home and design a variety of activities to provide stimulation and promote independence.
We encourage families of all our residents to get involved with the Home and work with us to provide the best service possible.
We offer short, long-term stays and respite services here!
We accept local authority-funded and continuing care funded clients.
Click on the links to learn more about Tralee Rest Home, then get in touch and come and see us for yourself – you'll be made most welcome!
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Tralee Rest Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
- Transport available at the home:
We have an active social calendar which includes activities like music therapy, armchair exercises, pet therapy, as well as regular outside entertainment.
All meals at Tralee are freshly prepared by our experienced cooks using locally sourced fresh produce.
We have weekly visit from the hairdresser and regular scheduled visits from the chripodist .
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
What our fees include at Tralee Rest Home
- Laundry Services
- All Personal Care needs
- Nurtitiuous, balanced and freshly cooked meals and snacks
- In House activities programme
- All your house keeping requirements
- Maintenance of the home and your bedroom
- Landscaped gardens
- Call bell system in every bedroom and communal area
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Smoking allowed:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
There is a stair lift to the first floor, providing step free access to all parts of the internal accommodation.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: