Location and contact details
The Briars Care Home is proud to be rated Outstanding by the CQC following their inspection in May of 2017. The home is one of the best known and most respected care homes for older people on the whole island and the quality of life and happiness of its residents is testimony to the fantastic care that is delivered each and every day by the loving and caring team.
The Briars is located in Sandown, but because of its exceptional reputation residents come from across the island with families considering the additional drive a small price to pay for the superior care available.
The Briars was a finalist in the highly respected and highly contested British Care Awards and the National Care Awards, (essentially the Oscars of the healthcare industry). The obvious pride in these achievements is shared not just by the residents and staff at the home but by everyone that supports older people across the whole island. The Manager was also presented with the accolade of best "Care Home Manager on the Island" in 2017 which she rightly dedicated to her amazing team and home.
Staff at The Briars perform reminiscence exercises with the residents, so that they can understand people’s life stories and collate information about what is important to them.
With excellent food, exceptional activities and a lovely team of dedicated staff anybody considering care for themselves or for a loved should come and see us and find out what makes the Briars the best care home on the Isle of Wight.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at The Briars
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: