The Dower House Nursing Home
Location and contact details
The Dower House is a Care Home with nursing. It is registered to accommodate up to 43 people and is situated in a rural location just outside of Winchester,in Hampshire.
The Dower House was established in 1989 by Mrs Judith Lywood and is privately owned. The ethos of The Dower House is to provide very high standard of care in a civilised, country house style setting. Residents are encouraged to bring their own furniture so that their accommodation is like being home away from home.
It is set within 5.5 acres of beautifully care for gardens and grounds. Most resident rooms have beautful views over the grounds, there is also an inner planted courtyard. Each room with a patio is invididually planted to provide interest throughout the seasons.
All of the food served is homemade with the finest sourced local ingredients. We make all of our own soups, sauces, cakes, desserts, pates etc. Our menu changes weekly and we can accommodate all special diets.
We offer respite care, rehabilitation following surgery and convalescent care. The minimum period is for 1 week. We have 4 comfortable, light and airy fully furnished short stay rooms.
The Dower House has a high ratio of staff to residents allowing us to offer the highest standard of care and service. Agency care staff are very rarely used. Our staff turnover is very low as we offer great working conditions, this in turn allows our staff to get to know all of our residents individual needs and ensure they are always catered for.
Services offered at The Dower House Nursing Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
The Dower House is set in beautiful gardens and grounds that provide and peaceful and tranquil setting to walk around or relax in our numerous seating areas.
Care at home - Personal
- Hourly visiting care:
- Live in care workers:
- Mobility support at home:
- Personal and intimate care:
- Mobility support outside the home:
The Dower House is run in the same manner as a Country House Hotel, providing excellent service to our residents in paramount. Our nursing care is full inclusive and are plans are individually adapted to suit each residents' needs.
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
Care at home - practical
- Domestic cleaning:
- Household administration:
- Help arrange a meals at home service: