Flowerdown Care Home
Location and contact details
Flowerdown Care Home is located on the edge of Winchester, within easy access to the A34 and M3 motorway.
The home provides nursing care and is located just four miles from the city centre within easy access to shops, public transport and amenities.
The home has been extended and renovated and provides mainly single occupancy accommodation, the majority of which are en-suite.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms to make them more homely; many of the rooms have lovely garden views. Family and friends are welcome to visit at any time.
Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served with special diets being catered for.
The recreation and activities team oversee everything from crafts and gardening, to animal visits and games on the Wii. Residents' input, and that of their relatives, is welcomed when planning events.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Flowerdown Care Home
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Our Rooms have en-suite toilet and basin facilities.
Pets are allowed to visit
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
The Home has its own minibus which Residents are more than welcome
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
The local churches visit tp provide monthly communion to those Residents who wish to partake.
We are planning to have public Wifi set up in the home in future