Silloth Nursing and Residential Care Home
Location and contact details
Silloth Nursing and Residential Home was established in 1862 and is a registered charity (Cumberland and Westmorland Convalescent Institution) We are close to the golf course with sand dunes and views across the sea to Scotland on one side and a protected conservation area on the other. The home is on one level providing spacious accommodation and ample communal areas. There is an interior courtyard with raised flowerbeds for residents to enjoy and plant out. The home is registered to provide nursing and personal care for up to 38 people some of whom may have a physical disability.
We have a long tradition in excellent nursing care and offer a range of extensive care services within our fee structure, including a three monthly chiropody service. The home as an holistic approach to care: each resident is encouraged to participate in the development of their care plan. Each resident has a named nurse and a key worker: Dignity, Individuality and Privacy are the cornerstones of our care delivery. We have built up an impressive reputation in end of life care and our Palliative Care Team works closely with families and health care professionals to deliver the best possible care.
Care home group
Services offered at Silloth Nursing and Residential Care Home
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
We have 38 rooms, 36 ensuite - some with shower facilities, and two rooms with washbasins adjacent to toilet facilities.
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
We have three lounges, one quiet room for residents and families to meet in private, and a large dining room which is used for functions.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
Activities are held approximately four days each week, weekends is always a busy time for families and visitors.
The home holds a GP clinic every Tuesday and has its own Medical Officer.
A private chiropodist visits every 12 weeks, this service is funded by the nursing home.
A lay-preist visits every Friday to administer Holy Communion, a local vicar visits one each fortnight to administer Holy Communium and the Methodist church holds a monthly service in the home.
Care at home - Personal
- Hourly visiting care:
- Live in care workers:
- Mobility support at home:
- Mobility support outside the home:
- Personal and intimate care:
The home offers 24/7 nursing and residential care
Care at home - practical
- Domestic cleaning:
- Help arrange a meals at home service:
- Household administration:
The nursing home has a hairdressing salon which is used by two visiting hairdressers.
All cooking is carried out in the home, and special diets catered for. Our cooks are happy to discuss & offer alternative meals to suit individual tastes. Menus are compiled with the involvement of residents and individual food preferences taken into account
Our nursing and care staff - care, we have a dedicated team of cleaners and laundry staff who work hard to ensure rooms and clothes are kept immaculate.
- Day activities or support at home:
- Day activities or support outside the home:
- Help with planning your life:
- Support for young adults learning independence skills:
- Support to stay in your own home:
- Supporting independence after accident or illness:
All resident outings are accompanied a member of staff/or family members, on a one to one basis.
The nursing home's respite room is also used for people requiring post operative care and convalescence.