East Riding Care Home
Location and contact details
East Riding Care Home is located in the town of Morpeth in Northumberland.
The home offers nursing and residential care, and end-of-life care. East Riding is home to a dedicated suite for those living with dementia which has been adapted to make sure residents are kept safe and as comfortable as possible in their surroundings. Care can be provided on a permanent basis, however a respite service for shorter stays is also available.
East Riding can be easily accessed by either car or train and has great transport links to the surrounding areas. The home has mature gardens with scenic views for everyone to enjoy.
Inside the home there are spacious communal areas which are free for everyone to use if and when they please. Bedrooms are all tastefully decorated with great safety features - many of them have en-suite facilities and picturesque views over the garden.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at East Riding Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
We have a full and varied activity programme with the home. Regular entertainers and outings are planned. The local school visits every week which is very enjoyable for all ages. Each resident is asked what they would like to do and individual needs are catered for where possible.
Pet Therapy is a very popular within the home with everything from rabbits, to snakes, foxes, skunks and a pony.
- Day activities or support at home:
- Support for young adults learning independence skills:
- Supporting independence after accident or illness:
- Day activities or support outside the home:
- Help with planning your life:
- Support to stay in your own home:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
East Riding has an emergency call syatem in every room. The majority of bedrooms have en suite toilet facilities although not all. Visitors are welcome to stay overnight with their family memeber but unfortunately we have no set facilites althiugh we would make you as comfortable as possible.The home has secure access with key pads. All rooms have tv points and telephone points can be fitted at request
Although we do not offer dedicated disabled parking, there is parking available closer to the entrance for those who need it.
All toilet and bathroom facilities can accomodate disbilities. Specialised equipment is on site at all times.
We have two car parks one upper and one lower, staff attempt to park in the lower park to enable visitors to park in the upper park closer to the entrance.
We are on a good bus route and near the local railway station.
The road entrance is on a steep bank ona private road and care needs to be taken when entering and leaving. the property.
Care at home - Personal
- Hourly visiting care:
- Live in care workers:
- Mobility support at home:
- Mobility support outside the home:
- Personal and intimate care:
We are a home from home with all relevant facilities on offer.
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
We offer both long term care, respite care and day care as required.
We accept referrals from all authorities and also self funders.
We can accomodate respite care and emergency care too.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
Care at home - practical
- Domestic cleaning:
- Help arrange a meals at home service:
- Household administration: