Location and contact details
Moorhouse Farm Care Home
Situated within a residential area of Ashington, Northumberland, Moorhouse Farm Care Home is a 24 bedded converted farmhouse which provides Dementia and Residential care.
Meet the team
At HC-One our experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything we do.
We understand that meals are a very important part of our Residents’ day, our menus cover a variety of choices for each meal and a choice of snacks, fresh fruit and refreshments are also available 24 hours a day.
Family and friends join Residents for meals which are served in one of our dining rooms or, if our Residents wish, they can choose to eat in the privacy of their own rooms.
Hobbies and interests
Our Activities Co-ordinator spends time with Residents to ensure popular pastimes are included within the weekly activities calendar which is displayed in the home, this includes:
• Flower arranging
• Pet therapy
• Birthday celebrations
• Mini bus outings
• Musical events
• Monthly church service
• Coffee mornings
Many of our Residents find the one-on-one time with our members of staff particularly enjoyable.
The open and secure patio area complete with comfortable seating is a tranquil place for Residents to relax or socialise with friends and family.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Moorhouse Farm
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings.
Moorhouse Farm offers the following services:
• Weekly visits from a mobile hairdresser
• A mobile shop
• Bar service
• Activity Room
• Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
• Designated smoking area
• Chiropody and alternative therapy services
• GP service (Residents are also able to retain their own GP)
• Small pets are allowed by arrangement
• Kitchenette for visitors to make drinks
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
We have a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms which are decorated in keeping with the character of the home.
To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
All bedrooms have washroom facilities; all are wheel chair friendly, have TV aerial points and a nurse call system.
- Moorhouse Farm Care Home is situated within the grounds of Ashington Grange Care Home.
- For visitors travelling by car the A189 is in close proximity.
- The nearest train station is Pegswood.
- There are regular bus services from Newcastle City Centre and nearby towns.
- There is onsite parking for visitors.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: