The Evergreens Care Centre
Location and contact details
The Evergreens Care Centre is a recently refurbished, medium-sized, 43-bedded Care Home, located in the quiet residential area of Forest Hall, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The ground floor, named by the residents at The Cypress Suite, has 17 bedrooms. It is senior carer-led and is dedicated to supporting those with residential care needs.
The first floor, named by the residents as Redwood, has 26 bedrooms. It is nurse-led and is dedicated to supporting those with both nursing and residential care needs.
The home delivers high standards of person-centred care for all residents and prides on working in partnership with residents and their families to ensure that life at The Evergreens is tailored to meet and wishes of the individual.
In March 2019, the CQC inspected The Evergreens and found the service to be Good in all areas.
Each room has en-suite facilities and the home has a number of communal rooms, including an activities room/salon, and a quiet room.
The large gardens offer ample outside space with seating areas for residents and families to enjoy during the summer months, or indeed at any time.
An activities coordinator is dedicated to the social engagement and personal fulfilment of the residents. There is a variety of social activity opportunities on both an individual and group level, and have a mini bus, which enables residents to get out and about and enjoy life outside of the care home environment.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at The Evergreens Care Centre
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
We have residents/ Families Coffee Bar and quiet room on site to sit and talk or relax in. We also have a LINK group were the residents and families can discuss the development of the home and what they would like as it is our ethos to encourage residents to be involved in the desicion making and development of their Home.
- Support for young adults learning independence skills:
- Day activities or support at home:
- Day activities or support outside the home:
- Help with planning your life:
- Support to stay in your own home:
- Supporting independence after accident or illness:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
We will except Respite care if we have a vacant bed available for use. We currently do not have dedicated respite beds
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
Vacancies can fill quite quickly as we support the local Hospitals to provide care for those residents with complex high dependancy needs and end of life care as well as residential and nursing care needs
the majority of our residents are wheelchair users and require full access to all areas of the Home and community
we use the local disability transport to arrange for trip and outing from the home as well as parking space for residents with there own disability accessable transport.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: