Lothian House Care Home
Location and contact details
Lothian House Care Home
Lothian House Care Home is a 47 bed purpose-built accommodation located in the heart of Spennymoor in County Durham, providing residential and residential dementia care.
Residents at Lothian House have access to a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. Bedrooms are well-equipped, bright, safe and comfortable and many en-suite facilities, while some rooms offer views of the gardens.
At Lothian House, the home's chefs take pride in knowing the individual tastes and preferences of residents, preparing a choice of home cooked, nutritious meals.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Lothian House Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature specially designed furnishings.
The memory room, which is home to traditional furniture, nostalgic music and memorabilia, provides a perfect sanctuary for those Residents who enjoy reminiscing.
Lothian House offers the following services:
• Hairdressing salon with weekly visits from a mobile Beautician and Hairdresser
• Mobile shop selling toiletries and confectionary
• Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
• A Smoking facility is available
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
Our well-equipped bedrooms are bright, safe and comfortable.
Many of our bedrooms have en suite facilities and rooms with views across the gardens.
To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
- Lothian House is wheelchair friendly and there are bedrooms on both the ground and first floor all of which feature a nurse call system and TV point.
- Easily accessible, the A1 is in close proximity.
- The nearest train station is Durham.
- There is a bus services to and from Durham city and nearby towns.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets: