Jack Dormand Care Home
Location and contact details
Jack Dormand Care Home
Jack Dormand Care Home is located close to the North East coastline, in the heart of Horden, County Durham, a purpose-built bedded accommodation offering residential, residential dementia, nursing and nursing dementia care.
Residents at Jack Dormand have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The quiet lounge is ideal for those who prefer more tranquil surroundings. Well-equipped bedrooms are safe and comfortable, many of which have pleasant sea views or views across the village.
Chefs at Jack Dormand pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home-cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Jack Dormand Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Recreation room:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature specially designed furnishings. The quiet lounge is ideal for those who prefer more tranquil surroundings.
Jack Dormand Care Home we offer the following services:
• Regular visits from a mobile Beautician and Hairdresser
• Bar service
• A mobile shop selling toiletries and confectionary
• Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
• A designated smoking area
• A sensory room
• An activity area
• Lift access
• Small pets are allowed by arrangement
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Our well-equipped bedrooms are safe and comfortable, many of which have pleasant sea views or views across the village.
- To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
- Each room features a nurse call system, TV points and wash room facilities.
- Jack Dormand Care Home is easily accessible from the A19 by car.
- Teesside, Durham and Sunderland are a short distance away
- There is a regular bus service to and from the town centre.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Daily activities and entertainment:
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets: