Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home
Location and contact details
Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home
Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home is located within the heart of a residential community in Bishop Auckland, County Durham, and is purpose built accommodation offering residential, nursing and residential dementia care.
At Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some of which have fantastic views overlooking the Wear Valley.
Chefs at Bishopsgate Lodge pride themselves in knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Recreation room:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
At Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings.
- Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home offers the following services:
- Hairdressing salon with weekly visits from a mobile Hairdresser
- Bar service
- Smoking is designated outside
- Daily newspaper delivery (upon request)
- Library service
- Chiropody and alternative therapy services
- Small pets are allowed by arrangement
- Lift access
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Day care:
- Emergency care:
- Respite care:
Residential - Your Room
- Emergency call systems:
- Pets allowed:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
- Smoking allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- We have a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some of which have fantastic views overlooking the Wear Valley.
To personalise their bedroom our Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.
- Many bedrooms have en suite or washroom facilities; all are wheelchair friendly, have TV aerial points and a nurse call system.
- Situated opposite Saint Wilfrid’s Church
- For visitors travelling by car, the A1M is in close proximity to Bishopsgate Lodge Care Home.
- The nearest train station is Bishop Auckland
- There are regular bus services to and from Durham City Centre.
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: