Location and contact details
Margaret House - part of the Quantum Care group - is located in spacious and quiet grounds in the heart of Abbots Langley village and specialises in providing care for 51 older people. We are very accessible and within easy reach of local shops.
We provide care in five small, welcoming and friendly bungalows, two of which are dedicated to people living with dementia. The home is accredited by Hertfordshire County Council to provide specialist dementia care, and has to undergo a rigorous annual evaluation process in order to achieve that status.
We make every effort to involve the residents in the running of the home and visitors are always welcome. Four bedrooms are reserved for people taking short breaks.
All rooms are fully furnished and come equipped with telephone, TV point and call bell system. Residents can also bring their own belongings and items of furniture if they wish to make them feel more at home.
Coffee mornings, games and other activities are designed to match the needs and interests of the residents. There is a large room for socialising, which includes a piano and other amenities. We also invite entertainers to visit regularly.
One of the core values of Quantum Care is that each and every employee is important and that is why we are committed to ensuring that all our staff have the professional skills and confidence to make the most of their role and to provide the best possible service to our clients. That’s why we’ve enjoyed Investor in People status since 2001 and place such a strong focus on training and development.
If you are interested in any of the services please feel free to ring the home directly. For further information, please see the Quantum Care website www.quantumcare.co.uk
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Margaret House
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: