Asra House Residential Care Home
Location and contact details
Asra House is a beautiful home that provides care tailored to the cultural and spiritual needs of our residents. Situated in a quiet leafy residential area, the home is close to Leicester's 'Golden Mile' of shops and restaurants, with access to bus routes in and out of the city.
Many of the spacious 42 bedrooms have en-suites, lounges and kitchenettes. All of the bedrooms have television points.
The two dining rooms provide a welcoming atmosphere for residents to enjoy delicious home-cooked Asian meals in the company of others, with separate kitchens for preparing vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
The extensive gardens are landscaped for residents who like to do a spot of light gardening.
The home has it's own stunning Hindu temple, which is a sacred retreat for residents to worship. There is also an Islamic Prayer room and the home receives regular visits from different religious groups, appropriate to the faith of individual residents.
Regular activities on offer include everything from a gardening club, visits to schools and temples to live Bollywood music and dance, bhajans and cinema sessions.
Information supplied by carehome.co.uk
Services offered at Asra House Residential Care Home
Residential - Shared Spaces
- Access to kitchen facilities:
- Overnight visitor facilities:
- Secure access to the building:
- Transport available at the home:
- Disabled access throughout the home and gardens:
- Gardens or secure outside space:
- Good access to public transport links:
- Recreation room:
- Accepting referrals from Local Authority(s):
- Day care:
- Respite care:
- Accepting new clients:
- Accepting self-funded clients:
- Emergency care:
Residential - Your Room
- Smoking allowed:
- Emergency call systems:
- Rooms with full en-suite bathroom:
- Pets allowed:
- TV and telephone point in resident rooms:
- Shared rooms available for couples:
Residential - health and lifestyle
- Internet access:
- On-site hairdressing:
- A place of worship or visiting clergy:
- Residents may retain own GP:
- Scheduled GP rounds:
- Special diets:
- Daily activities and entertainment: